isolution icolor4 upgrade

erik10_4

I'm having to work with a couple of icolor 4 units (don't ask...it's all that is available ) and wondered whether anyone has ever fitted a upgrade chip ISIC03C to these fixtures? If so, is the chip in the units 'socketed', making this an easy upgrade or is it a solder job?

Edit: Couldn't make the link work but the chip seems to be available at StageGear

After many many years of supply these are no longer available from Prolight. Some of our resellers may still have stock.

Yes, I'm aware that Prolight no longer stock the upgrade chip (had an email from Prolight confirming this). I think I have found a supplier who still has some stock. The question I am asking is whether the chip in the units 'socketed', making this an easy upgrade or is it a solder job? Are you able to clarify.

The question I am asking is whether the chip in the units 'socketed', making this an easy upgrade or is it a solder job? Are you able to clarify.

They are socketed, at least the ones I changed were, but that was about 10 years ago.

The question I am asking is whether the chip in the units 'socketed', making this an easy upgrade or is it a solder job? Are you able to clarify.

They are socketed, at least the ones I changed were, but that was about 10 years ago.

Thanks Tim. That's the info I was looking for.

After many many years of supply these are no longer available from Prolight. Some of our resellers may still have stock.

Yes, I'm aware that Prolight no longer stock the upgrade chip (had an email from Prolight confirming this). I think I have found a supplier who still has some stock. The question I am asking is whether the chip in the units 'socketed', making this an easy upgrade or is it a solder job? Are you able to clarify.

Apologies ... must check replies fully when responding to questions late at night :blink: As the others have confirmed it is socketed. I should have responded to both questions.

Apologies ... must check replies fully when responding to questions late at night :blink: As the others have confirmed it is socketed. I should have responded to both questions.

Thanks Chris.....you're obviously working too hard; take a day (or at least a night) off http://www.blue-room.org.uk/public/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif

• 1 year later...

Archived