Chauvet Geyser

FlashPointTech

This is the LED fixture with a smoke machine nozzle through the middle of the cluster, yes?

Used a couple of these in different applications and yes - for what it is it's not a bad little effect light.

Cheap as chips, good value, pretty effective for what they are, but distinctly underwhelming when compared to a CO2 jet which is what we bought ours to replace. Can't comment on the reliability, really, as we haven't used them enough yet.

Worked fine in panto, once we swapped out the first faulty one. The only strangeness was that the same cue every night, repeated a few time (covering the appearance of the flown in magic mirror) was that we never seemed to get the same effect. Some times not enough smoke, other times too much. The average was OK, really. I've also noted that when mounted firing upwards, they need to be cleaned regularly - unlike the ones I saw last week at a Pontins venue where they were very gunky. Not sure if the smoke falls back onto the LEDs from the end of the jet when it cuts off?

As said - nice effect, but they are VERY loud when operating. This is usually a good thing as it adds a little "punch" to the effect, but if you have a critical line being delivered around the time of use it may well be masked by the sound of the Geyser!

Looks good mounted upside down / sideways too!

Not nearly as loud as a pair of CO2 jets! ;-)

One thing which I did notice with ours ... they run out of steam fairly quickly, and some run out more quickly than others. We had a moment during one song where four Geysers were plotted to do four 1-second bursts with about 5 seconds between each one - one of the machines consistently failed to manage the fourth burst. None of them were able to cope with sustained operation for more than a few seconds at a time without a significant 'rest period'.

Archived