LSC dimmers

alistermorton

Yep - in Australia you tend to find that dimmers and distros are one of two brands - Jands or LSC. Jands probably have 70% of the touring market with LSC having about 25%, however in new installs I would reverse those figures. LSC Eko range of dimmers are phenomenal and is pretty much the gold standard for installed dimmers over here (unless you have ridiculous money to go with StateV or ETC sine wave dimmers) . Their redback stuff is on the cheaper side but still very functional. LSC are the sort of company that actually think about HOW their products install or get repaired.

No problems here, and we stock hundreds of the things in various configurations.

Used to be the case that if you handled them really roughly (and I mean REALLY roughly) they used to crash on startup occasionally, but 99 times out of 100 this was due to the main chip on the board coming slightly loose in its holder - a good little push and it'd be right as rain again, and this was always after they'd come back after being out on particularly long hires. After we reported this to them I think they updated the board to avoid the issue and we've had no problems whatsoever with the more up-to-date packs. Incredibly reliable in fact.

Thanks. I've also had some PMs detailing positive experience with LSC.

We'd be looking at an install, probably GenVI, so rough handling shouldn't be an issue :-)

We're also looking at other manufacturers, of course, so if anyone wishes to PM me with "I wouldn't touch so and so with yours, mate" type horror stories, I'll be the soul of discretion.

Archived