Tecpro beltpack fault

jayartibee

Hi - I have a hardly-used Beltpack BP111 and the Mic switch is misbehaving. When the button is IN, you can hear yourself talk in the earmuffs but the rest of the network cannot.

I have checked the Mic switch on the circuit board for dry joints but this hasn’t helped. The Mic gain adjustment isn’t the cause.

Any ideas? Return to Canford?

If you can hear yourself then the mic switch is ok, it is a problem with the line hybrid circuit, assuming you can hear everyone else ok. If you can't hear anyone other than yourself it's a line wiring problem. I'd return to Canford.

p.s. the little adjuster is not mic gain, it is sidetone - the amount of yourself you hear in your headset. Mic gain can't be adjusted.

On the tecpro the mic on/off switch is a DPDT part. One section switches the output from the mic amp into the line drive/hybrid stage. In the off position it grounds that signal, along with the feedback path to keep the hybrid gain constant.

The other pole switches the sidetone. In the off position the wiper from the sidetone pot is disconnected and the route it normally takes is grounded.

So, if you can here yourself, but the network can't, then it's one section of the switch. I'd start by doing continuity checks of the switch in each position.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived