What? No Adele out of tune topic?

paulears

I expected to be reading the usual comments after her well publicised out of tune performance but nothing happened.

I had a bit of time today, so had a listen. Every report blamed it on a piano mic that had fallen on the strings. Very plausible until you have a listen. There is indeed a jangly sound that could be a mic fallen on the strings - and it is very off-putting - but it isn't there all the time, and the rhythm of the jangle is clearly NOT what the pianist is playing, and he hits those notes repeatedly with it being a repetitive song. The piano audio also seems quite good - no sign of the jingle in it's sound. On top of this, the most painful part was after the key change, when it got higher. The jangly bit was oddly tuneful.

I was listening to this link.

Maybe there were two pianos, and they were being blended?

Maybe her in ears were from the jangly second piano?

The press all felt sorry for her, and blamed the technology - but I'm not so sure?

While she may not have been as glamorous as possible I do feel sorry for her. I know her a little and she appears to be a nice person and it is a real shame that what should have been her moment in the limelight was over shadowed by the twitter/media storm.

I expected to be reading the usual comments after her well publicised out of tune performance but nothing happened.

And you just had to spoil it eh? ;)

There's a news report here that you might have missed, pretty much covers it..

Having been at the wrong end of an incompetent in-ear mix far too many times at festivals and big events, I do have considerable sympathy, but the obvious solution if she was struggling would be to pop out one of her IEMs, and get close to the piano - The song was mega stripped down anyway - just her and the piano. Harder if it had been band and tracks - but singing with a piano doesn't need technology, unless that wasn't the piano we were hearing, and the visual one was the one making the jangling noise?

Archived