Active Pointsource options £5-6K

GC1971

Hi all,

I've been asked to recommend a new system for the above spec, -it's not something I know about; -I'd spec an old passive system personally but that's not an option.

Can anyone recommend something?

Thanks

GC

Hi all,

I've been asked to recommend a new system for the above spec, -it's not something I know about; -I'd spec an old passive system personally but that's not an option.

Thanks

GC

A little more info on the use and venue would be needed for someone to provide some useful recommendations.

Sorry just got the 100p people in a marquee, is it for band work?

If so I would recommend the HK Audio L5 Range in that price range

Hi all,

Thanks

GC

A little more info on the use and venue would be needed for someone to provide some useful recommendations.

Sorry just got the 100p people in a marquee, is it for band work?

If so I would recommend the HK Audio L5 Range in that price range

It's for a startup AV co so a bit of everything I assume.

>1,000 pax in a marquee will typically require a distributed system in addition to the FOH / dancefloor system and £6k won't buy you very much!

You indicate it is for a startup AV company... do you have contracts lined up to regularly supply >1,000 pax events? Experience says there will be many more smaller capacity events and you'd be better off to start with enough good kit to cater for say, up to 300 pax, and hire in as & when larger events require additional kit.

Are you just looking for racks & stacks? i.e. do you already have desks, mics, stands, cabling, distro, cases, etc...?

I would err away from any passive system, as a pair of speakers on sticks simply won't cut the mustard for that number of pax.

>1,000 pax in a marquee will typically require a distributed system in addition to the FOH / dancefloor system and £6k won't buy you very much!

You indicate it is for a startup AV company... do you have contracts lined up to regularly supply >1,000 pax events? Experience says there will be many more smaller capacity events and you'd be better off to start with enough good kit to cater for say, up to 300 pax, and hire in as & when larger events require additional kit.

Are you just looking for racks & stacks? i.e. do you already have desks, mics, stands, cabling, distro, cases, etc...?

I would err away from any passive system, as a pair of speakers on sticks simply won't cut the mustard for that number of pax.

Thanks for the replies. FOH PA required only

I believe it to be exactly as you mention Tony.

I also think it's too much to expect for that money. -but it's not what I know kit wise so thought it best to ask.

If it's for a rental company look at what other local companies have nearby and plan to buy something you can use for 75% of your work profile and know you can cross hire more to do the remaining 25% when they come in and you need another 4 boxes. There's quite a bit of second hand d&b Q series about as people upgrade to Y, but they're still perfectly reasonable boxes, assuming by Active you mean needs crossover as opposed to boxes with amps inbuilt.

Archived