Recording

nikkicallaghan

I've got n track studio on my iPad and want to get line level audio into it for recording. Is there any hardware anyone can recommend for the job

Which iPad have you got? If it has a lightning connector you'll need something with A-D convertors, this or this would do the job. Otherwise you'll need you'll need a USB audio interface and a lightning camera connection kit. I f it's a 30 pin iPad there is an analogue line input (not sure what standard but most likely -10dBV and definitely unbalanced) on pins 5 and 6 (ground on pin 2) so a simple adapter will suffice.

Or with a suitable cable (with a pad built in) you can get into the mic input via the second ring on a 4 pole mini jack. Quality would suffer though.

edit:-

Yeah, the iTrack Solo is probably very nice (I have a Focusrite Saffire Pro24) but it doesn't have a line level input, only mic and instrument (which doesn't seem to be switchable). If that'll do it's the simplest method of getting decent audio into an iDevice.

Nikki? Do you need stereo?

1453225863[/url]' post='533669']
1453222635[/url]' post='533666']

I've got n track studio on my iPad and want to get line level audio into it for recording. Is there any hardware anyone can recommend for the job

Which iPad have you got? If it has a lightning connector you'll need something with A-D convertors, this or this would do the job. Otherwise you'll need you'll need a USB audio interface and a lightning camera connection kit. I f it's a 30 pin iPad there is an analogue line input (not sure what standard but most likely -10dBV and definitely unbalanced) on pins 5 and 6 (ground on pin 2) so a simple adapter will suffice.

Or with a suitable cable (with a pad built in) you can get into the mic input via the second ring on a 4 pole mini jack. Quality would suffer though.

Yeah, the iTrack Solo is probably very nice (I have a Focusrite Saffire Pro24) but it doesn't have a line level input, only mic and instrument (which doesn't seem to be switchable). If that'll do it's the simplest method of getting decent audio into an iDevice.

It's an iPad Air and yes I need stereo as its recording from a keyboard

It's an iPad Air and yes I need stereo as its recording from a keyboard

You will need some kind of audio interface then, the lightning connector has no analogue audio (in or out). A budget USB plus the Apple Camera Connector Cable will do the job or, one of the recording docks I mentioned above. An iPad based mixer (Berry X18 or one of the Mackie DLs) would also do the job so if you can make use of it elsewhere that may be an option.

You might find This article useful.

Archived