Im happy about my new PS 15's

Bad_Rock

good quality amps will give you much more benfit than a cheapo type one. But I haven't heard your setup.

I'd say a crown would work well with nexo stuff, they're very popular and built like tanks. they sound good too. :P

either that or a Crest or a QSC would do the job well. Or Lab Gruppen.

Hey Little !! Great to hear from you again dude !!!

Labgruppen are no doubt the best ones but u know they cost of course. Thats why I had to use a made in china amp for the first months then I think we gonna move to the real deal.

I hope my amp would survive :blink:((

Btw about my old question about wich speaker to buy... well I bought 2 Meyer Upas 2 Nexo Ps 15 and now waiting to see whazz going on with them.

I will tell u my real opinion about them. Too many things heard about equipment and u as a dj must know ( remember Public Enemy 1999' ) " dont believe tha Hype " hehehe

Peace!!

Another shameless plug....sorry moderators! We have some Chevin amps on our used kit list. They are equal quality to Lab, Camco, QSC etc. and were more expensive new!

Chevin A750 - 2x 450w @ 4 Ohm - £450 +VAT

Chevin A2000 - 2x 650w @ 4 Ohm - £500 +VAT

Chevin A3000 - 2x 900w @ 4Ohm - £600 +VAT

Prices are guide prices, e-mail or PM me if your interested.

Another shameless plug....sorry moderators! We have some Chevin amps on our used kit list. They are equal quality to Lab, Camco, QSC etc. and were more expensive new!

Chevin A750 - 2x 450w @ 4 Ohm - £450 +VAT

Chevin A2000 - 2x 650w @ 4 Ohm - £500 +VAT

Chevin A3000 - 2x 900w @ 4Ohm - £600 +VAT

Prices are guide prices, e-mail or PM me if your interested.

im running one rig of nexo kit (8 x ps15, 4 x ls1200, 2 TD controllers) off of two crown 5000vz's and two 3600vz's and they sound fantastic. I have also run some ps15's off of a qsc plx 2402 with great results though

Ok pls behonest. How about Labgruppen Fp 3400 for 4 Ps 15's ???

Is it too small? I heard that PS 15's runs at 1200w at 8hm sothat way would be too small. But in fact is it necesary so so so much power? Or a Lg 3400 with 1500w at 4 omhs would be great enought???.

Peace

Ok pls behonest. How about Labgruppen Fp 3400 for 4 Ps 15's ???

Is it too small?  I heard that PS 15's runs at 1200w at 8hm sothat way would be too small. But in fact is it necesary so so so much power? Or a Lg 3400 with 1500w at 4 omhs would be great enought???.

Peace

with our rig, with 2 ps15's in parallel on each channel of the 5000vz we run the amps at full pelt with no problems. However, for smaller venues, half to two thirds of tha is good

Hello everyone.

After shopping around and spec-ing Meyer UPA-1P's and the USW-1p

An enormous FBT pro system

And the NEXO PS-15 with two LS-1200's, I finally decided, hands down that the NEXO was the best. I liked the Meyers, but they were very sterile sounding, whereas the NEXO's sounded WOW!

But here is my question and I hope you lot can help put my mind at ease.

I bought the system -2 PS 15's and 2 LS 1200's and Controller used from a reputable sound company. However, I wanted to buy 2 CAMCO vortex 6 amps, but even used they were about £1400 each. I just could not stretch/

However, the company that sold me the system originally had Crowns in the bargain, but they are just toooooo heavy for travelling as it is just me and my wife.

They then told me about the YAMAHA PC 9500, which they were selling new at £1000 each. I bought two of them and I cannot say that I am happy with the choice.

I have increased the output on the back of the controller and this has made the system crank a bit more.

My question is are the YAMAHA's just as good as the CAMCO, LAB GRUPPEN for running my system or is my unhappiness all in my head?

P.S. when I spec-ed the NEXO's I used FBT amps, which sounded we thought sounded grat, but it has been so long ago that I don't know if these sound just as good, or if I am imagining things.

Thanks for listening and sorry for being long winded.

first up, the crown amps would have been brilliant for the Nexo's, if it was me I would hang on to those, they are great quality and kick out plenty of juice for the ps15's (which take quite a lot of power for such modestly sized boxes).

Also in comparison to the weight of the PS15's and ls1200's, the crowns really arent to heavy (the amp rack would weigh much less than the weight of the nexos combined).

But if you have your heart set on something small and light you will be paying a premium. the QSC PLX amps might be just what you need though.

Archived