Show relay camera

Hi, looking for a recommendation for a reasonable quality camera for our video relay. Our existing one, a Sony EVI-D70, seems to be beginning to lose its image quality. The infrastructure we have currently runs via composite video. The particular use which gives us a requirement for high quality image is that it is not possible to see the majority of the cyc from the control room, as the view is obscured by the lighting bridges, and, when doing events with projection, it is good to have a reasonable quality reference for what is actually happening on the cyc.

The specs of the Sony are here: My link. My guess would be that we use it at around 40º, and haven't ever had cause to alter that, so a fixed lens would be quite acceptable. Budget is tight (of course!)

This really isn't an area that I know much about, so apologies if, as I suspect, this will need a lot more questions answered before it can be answered!

datavideo ptc 120 http://www.datavideo.com/PTZ+Cameras/PTC-120 its got the cvbs out for current compatibility and its got sdi for future improvement. It comes with a ir remote so you can set it up without controller, but it uses the sony visca protocol so should work with the existing.Dont be put off with tales of the older datavideo units being a bit slow, as the latency is pretty decent on these. obviously we sell them but we have a demo unit and it sells itself as what you get for the money is pretty unbeatable...

Why not just buy another one the same? Loads on eBay.

I was kind of hoping that there might be something of comparable quality, but cheaper, given the 6+ years since the current one was specced. Some of the eBay prices are attractive, for sure, but there'd be no way of knowing whether I'd be getting one in the same condition as ours...

Archived