Cant access NX242 with laptop

peddrums

Hi guys, hoping someone can point me in the direction. I'm currently trying to access my NX242 with ES monitor however I can't connect to it. I'm on a mac but trying to access using windows 8 on parallels as my OS.

In OS X I can see a connection over ethernet and the IPv4 ip thats been generated however I can't get a connection through any ES software using the latest drivers and software revisions, Windows 8.1 is up to date also.

That being said I'm also finding it impossible to access the controller's COM port.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

Can you drop down to a lesser version of Windows - 7 or XP?

Thanks for the suggestion, I'm going to give windows 7 a go and see how it works out, however I was under the impression that there were no compatibility issues with 8 and all software and firmware had been updated and developed as such.

I have done plenty RS232 stuff with W8 and W10 (on a native PC) both using motherboard COM ports and USB serial adaptors and not had any problems.

I have however had fun sometimes with mac emulations of windows hardware. The connection through to the mac hardware does not always work like it should. Can you try it on a real PC to help localise the problem?

Archived