Beltworn Headphone Attenuator

jameskerr87

Hello all

I'm currently looking for somthing like this http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/911510-REG/rolls_hv6_headpohone_volume_control.html preferrably built in the UK with XLR or 1/4" Jack input to 3.5mm output.

This has come around due to a band I'm working with going on IEM's but not wireless. They will have personal monitoring systems on top of their amps (P16) and I'm just looking for A) a neat way to extend the heaphone cable B) being able to clip to their belt and C) give them a volume knob to use if needed.

I'm quite happy to build myself too as Imagine its not too tasking. If anyone has any thoughts about what boxes and components to buy, I'm all ears.

Cheers

James

you will find the fusser amps unit great but they do need a little mod if your going to stick just a line level signal into them. they are intended for an xor carrying left and right headphone signal so we just opened ours up a passively split the line signal to both led and right of the phones.

Thanks people

I don't need headphone amps with the P16-m, so just want a neat belt connection and a passive volume knob would be perfect. Completely forgot about the Fischer Mini body pack, perfect...

Anyone have preference to Jack or XLR input, I would have liked a male XLR socket as I reckon a female XLR is easier to unplug at the angle it will be sat on the belt. Or maybe I'm over thinking and I'm not giving the band enough credit ha ha

James

Anyone have preference to Jack or XLR input, I would have liked a male XLR socket as I reckon a female XLR is easier to unplug at the angle it will be sat on the belt. Or maybe I'm over thinking and I'm not giving the band enough credit ha ha

may want to think if a "quick break" solution is required in line, or will they always remove headphones and belt pack before they walk away too far, or someone else trips over the cable.

Archived