ETC ION offline editor?

mrleemtl

Hi,

I need to find the .exe file for the ETC offline editor, ION.

It seems to have disappeared on the ETC site.

I tried the EOS family nomad download, hoping to be able to choose the ION as an option. No luck...

Anyone have an old .exe file hanging around?

hopeful,

mrlee

Nomad is what you want. Choose Eos instead of Element and you'll find the one you want.

Ion, Gio and Eos all run the same (Eos) Software. The Elements run extremely similar software but certain features like Discrete Timing are disabled,

Nomad is what you want. Choose Eos instead of Element and you'll find the one you want.

Ion, Gio and Eos all run the same (Eos) Software. The Elements run extremely similar software but certain features like Discrete Timing are disabled,

I didn't see Ion as an option. I want to load an ASCI file and open it with an ION.

You say I should retry the Nomad.

I'll try.

any other tips?

Thanks!

mrlee

The Nomad Installer is the same for all Eos family products. Once installed, there is a startup screen that let's you pick Element or "Eos Family." Because the software capabilities are the same between Ion, Gio and Eos, there is not a separate GUI just for Ion any more. You can download the ETCnomad software here:

http://www.etcconnect.com/Products/Consoles/Eos-Family/Eos-Ti/Software.aspx

Hope that helps.

Anne

Like I said, the Eos option is the correct option. The software is the same on all Eos Family consoles (including the Ion.)

The Nomad Installer is the same for all Eos family products. Once installed, there is a startup screen that let's you pick Element or "Eos Family." Because the software capabilities are the same between Ion, Gio and Eos, there is not a separate GUI just for Ion any more. You can download the ETCnomad software here:

http://www.etcconnect.com/Products/Consoles/Eos-Family/Eos-Ti/Software.aspx

Hope that helps.

Anne

Like I said, the Eos option is the correct option. The software is the same on all Eos Family consoles (including the Ion.)

Thanks to you all.

I have downloaded the console, but, am unable to import an ASC file.

I have found the browser, import, and followed the tree through my files to the file which 'contains' my ASC, but am unable to 'select' it.

Have tried just about everything: soft keys, double clicks, control enter, bla bla bla...

Not a simple console, and not particularly friendly.

My goal is to save a copy, in ION format, to open when I arrive at the distant theatre. I will be very pressed for time.

Thoughts?

Sorry I am such a dummy.

mrlee

It's a double click to select.

(And seriously, it is pretty friendly once you get into it.)

Double clicking on the folder doesn't work because:

I only see the folder where the ASC file is kept. I can't get into it, to select the actual file by double clicking.

I tried putting the file on the desktop, but the console only sees .txt files, and not .asc or ascii files (I renamed the file to a few different versions to test). Double clicking a text file seems to work, but renaming my .asc file to txt, and then selecting it says: "success"!, but to no avail as no cues appear in my list, etc..

My browser is going through the "lightwrite" option, as I believe this is what is appropriate to find a asc. file.

If I go USITT Ascii it gives me choices that I do not understand: ie.library vs custom fixtures, and if I follow the chain, I still do not see .asc, asci, or ascii files.

I am surely missing something obvious.

Thank you for your time!

mrlee

I only see the folder where the ASC file is kept. I can't get into it, to select the actual file by double clicking.

I tried putting the file on the desktop, but the console only sees .txt files, and not .asc or ascii files (I renamed the file to a few different versions to test). Double clicking a text file seems to work, but renaming my .asc file to txt, and then selecting it says: "success"!, but to no avail as no cues appear in my list, etc..

My browser is going through the "lightwrite" option, as I believe this is what is appropriate to find a asc. file.

If I go USITT Ascii it gives me choices that I do not understand: ie.library vs custom fixtures, and if I follow the chain, I still do not see .asc, asci, or ascii files.

Thank you for your time!

mrlee

You want to use the "Import > USITT ACSII" option from the browser. The choice to select "library or custom fixtures" is used based on where your ASCII file comes from. i.e., if you are importing a Congo/Cobalt file, you can use "library" since we share the library data between the two platforms. For anything else, your best bet is to select Custom Fixtures. From there, you should see options re: file path. I just checked this by putting an ASCII file on my desktop. The software had no trouble finding it when I told it to look at the desktop. Can you get that far? (LW import is specifically for LW files and opens a completely different set of import controls).

If you are having trouble, your best option is to contact the London office and ask for Tech Serve. They can walk you through it.

When you choose "Custom Fixtures" - rather than trying to match your patch information to the Eos library, everything in your file is brought in as a custom fixture. That is probably fine. If this is a long running gig, it might be worth your time to change the patch to use the Eos library - as it unlocks things like color calibration tools.

Hope that helps.

Anne

Thank you for your time!

mrlee

You want to use the "Import > USITT ACSII" option from the browser. The choice to select "library or custom fixtures" is used based on where your ASCII file comes from. i.e., if you are importing a Congo/Cobalt file, you can use "library" since we share the library data between the two platforms. For anything else, your best bet is to select Custom Fixtures. From there, you should see options re: file path. I just checked this by putting an ASCII file on my desktop. The software had no trouble finding it when I told it to look at the desktop. Can you get that far? (LW import is specifically for LW files and opens a completely different set of import controls).

If you are having trouble, your best option is to contact the London office and ask for Tech Serve. They can walk you through it.

When you choose "Custom Fixtures" - rather than trying to match your patch information to the Eos library, everything in your file is brought in as a custom fixture. That is probably fine. If this is a long running gig, it might be worth your time to change the patch to use the Eos library - as it unlocks things like color calibration tools.

Hope that helps.

Anne

Thanks Anne,

the ASC did finally show up in my choices, and when I double clicked it, the board said yes ok, success!

Yay.

Now I cannot find the cues on the console...

It is still called untitled, I cannot see any cues in the cue list, in blind, or live.

Cannot do a go..., cannot go-to-cue, nada.

I may try contacting ETC here for more help.

Thanks for your time!

mrlee

Resolution:

after a long session on the phone with ETC, and some files back and forth, here is what was happenning:

- I was using a multilingual french keyboard

- I had 2 cue lists on my ASC file

She put my cue lists into 1 only, and I arranged my settings for the keyboard.

Yay, I can see my cues, patch and whatnot.

Thank you everyone for your help!

mrlee

Archived