Broadcast power

nikkicallaghan

Most boring job in the business?

Managing the standby gennies for BB. Turn them on. Switch off the mains. "Ooh look! They work." Turn on mains. Turn off gennies. Read another book.

It isn't always 100% live either, they do run delays of a few minutes to cover for legal and taste reasons.

1442007400[/url]' post='527436']

Most boring job in the business?

Managing the standby gennies for BB. Turn them on. Switch off the mains. "Ooh look! They work." Turn on mains. Turn off gennies. Read another book.

It isn't always 100% live either, they do run delays of a few minutes to cover for legal and taste reasons.

I was under the impression they used to run up to 15 mins of tape delays how else could they do the graphic "sound has been stopped etc"

Good lighting rig though

Good lighting rig though

Haven't watched BB for years, so I have no idea what it looks like these days.

But I did a couple of short stints as a moving light tech on it several years ago, when Mike Lingard used to light the studio portions just after it moved to Elstree, and I don't remember seeing any gen sets around the place.

Archived