AC Lighting North trade show

gareth

It's almost time for the AC North trade show - this seems to have become a bit of a fixture on the trade show calendar now, and it's about all we get north of Watford so more power to AC's elbow for setting it up.

Anyone from the Blue Room making the journey to Leeds? I'll probably be there on the Tuesday ...

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I vill be zere boat dayz.

Hopevully vizout zis reediqulus akzent.

Only tradeshow I'll get to this year unfortunately, as I'm leaving for Bermuda before the ABTT show, and won't get back until December.

Going up with college this year. (college paying for us) last year when I went I went up with the place I did my work experience….I only missed 2mock exams for my G.C.S.E.’s o'well

Martin

I don't know Leeds at all but if anyone does and can suggest a relevant place, I'd be happy to make it an official Blue Room meet.

Dear All,

Knowing Leeds and the venue quite well….There is a café/bar to the left as you walk in the Armouries (opposite the entrance to the AC North Trade Show)

Quite quiet usually and plenty of room......

On another note……we have received more registrations than ever before for this years show…..Please do not hesitate to contact me off forum if you want to reserve a seat at any of the seminars.

Cheers

Jono

AC Lighting North

Hi Jono

What time are the seminars, so that we don't arrange a meet at the same time as them?

Hi Peter,

Final confirmed seminars and times are as follows ….

Tuesday 26th April

Rob Halliday

11.00am - Top Programmer & LD Rob Halliday looks at new Cameron Mackintosh/Disney theatrical co-production of Mary Poppins. Learn the process of bringing all of these elements together to create a hit musical.

Karl Christmas

12.30pm - Yamaha's UK Marketing Manager, Karl Christmas, explores the world of digital audio consoles & presents the arguments for & against going digital in live, installation & theatre environments.

Durham Marenghi

3.00pm - Top LD Durham Marenghi reflects on his 20 year career of challenging lighting designs. Learn the secrets of how he approaches his designs & the technology he uses to create dynamic lighting effects.

Wednesday 27th April

Tim Roberts

11.00am - Vertigo Rigging's Tim Roberts discusses the complexity of rigging for entertainment & presents a case study of how he created the truss & flying systems for We Will Rock You.

Ron Bonner

12.30pm - PLASA's Ron Bonner unravels the new EU Harmonisation regulations, the practical challenges facing the industry in applying the new legislation, & a guide to 'Best Practice' when undertaking new installs.

Pete Barnes

3.00pm - Top LD Pete Barnes offers an invaluable insight into the new age of digital video & projection, & discusses some of his methods of integration of this media with conventional lighting.

Hope this helps

Cheers

Jono

AC Lighting North

Archived