Turning a 250 Krypton into a Entour

Ashley R

Hi All

wondering if anyone has any deeper knowledge into Martin MAC 250 Kryptons and Entours than I do.

Currently have a series of dead Entours with various faults on their motherboards, and have also got a few straggling kryptons.

I know that both share the same chassis, even the PCB's are the same, and the main wiring looms are the same. Its just getting Entour firmware onto the krypton motherboard which is my sticking point.

Ive already tried using a Martin USB Dongle to upload Via the DMX input to no avail, should I be trying a different uploader?

Or is what im talking about above not possible?

Cheers Ash

As long as both boards have got the same amounts/types of chips then you should be okay. It doesn't matter what the driver chips were used for (colour wheel, prism, etc) as long as both boards have the same amount. This is why, for example, you can re-flash a Mac 300 board with the 250 firmware. Also make sure that all of the other components are identical. I know that the motherboards for the Mac 250/300 and 918 are almost identical, except the 918 board has different capacitors on the power supply, and has extra driver chips and associated electronics.

It might be worth trying to use a different uploader, if you can find one. Also look in the manual to see if there are any jumpers on the motherboard that need changing so you can re-flash the firmware.

Entour also has a second gobo wheel. Not sure you'll have much joy.

yes it does, but in all of my Entours, the motherboard actually says 250kr, and also the driver chip and main wiring loom from inside the arm up into the head has the extra loom for the 2nd gobo wheel already installed.

Will have to take a closer look at all of the individual components.

Had a quick squiz in the manual, and thought of changing to boot jumper, from init to boot, but to no effect.

This uploader manages to update entours and 550's absolutely fine Via DMX, but shal see if I can get a proper uploader

Archived