X32

Sound shaker

Ok, using x32 for Foh and monitors from Foh.... I understand pre and post fader into bus sends , I want to eq channel for Foh and be able to eq channel send to bus different than the Foh mix, I have a 31 band for each mix but that's for the overall mix on the bus, is there anyway to route the channel send eq different to the bus sends than that of Foh ?

This can't be done on this desk ( not sure it can be done on any desk?)

The only way I know you can do it with an x 32 is using the p16 and sending pre eq and allow them to basic eq on the p16.

Or use an x32 core/rack as you monitor desk with an iPad if you are running digital snake.

As David says, the only way to do it is to use two channels per source which lets you adjust them individually for FoH and monitors. The preamp is obviously shared so can't be adjusted separately but everything else can. You can change the channel sources in each channel "Config" tab.

I don't know the X32 but you'd likely need to duplicate/clone/copy the channel (the digital equivilent of a y-split) and then send the second channel only to monitors.

This:

So, if it's input 6 you want to do this with, then use channel 6 as usual to FOH, then go to channel 7 and change its input to be input 6. Ensure that the monitor sends for channel 7 are set to post EQ. And then use channel 7 for your monitor sends.

This obviously sacrifices a channel strip on the desk, but will do exactly what you want.

Not this!

You may find it easier to mirror across layer 1 and layer 2, so that switching layers effectively switches from FOH console to monitor console. I've done similar and then used a touchscreen and laptop to make a basic monitor desk at side stage.

I don't know the X32 but you'd likely need to duplicate/clone/copy the channel (the digital equivilent of a y-split) and then send the second channel only to monitors.

This:

So, if it's input 6 you want to do this with, then use channel 6 as usual to FOH, then go to channel 7 and change its input to be input 6. Ensure that the monitor sends for channel 7 are set to post EQ. And then use channel 7 for your monitor sends.

This obviously sacrifices a channel strip on the desk, but will do exactly what you want.

Not this!

only thing to add is to remember in the above example to take channel 7 out of the LR mix - select channel>home>main un-check LR

also note that when one input is routed to multiple channels, they share a gain control. change the gain on 6 and it changes the gain on 7 too.

Archived