Dimmable pea light / fairy lights

stagey

Hi everyone,

I'm after some pealight/fairy lights etc. that will dim properly off a theatre dimmer. Everything is all about the LED these days, but I'm after the look, feel and dimmability of traditional filament strings. Does anyone know somewhere I can still buy it, or have any other solutions that might acheive same results without too much cost/complication?

Thanks all!

Pound Shops often sell short lengths (10 bulbs) of old-school, mains powered, filament bulb fairy lights - they also tend to sell battery powered LED stuff so check the box carefully but over the last 5 years I think virtually every traditional fairy light string I've brought has been from there.

Filament fairy lights are still widely available during the Christmas season, but you may have to search on line at this time of year.

For dimming it would be best to get the sort that consist of a number of lamps in series on the mains. Avoid transformer operated lights if possible.

If searching on fleabay, I suggest use of the advanced search feature to exclude LED L.E.D. leds led l.e.d.

Archived