Another Stolen Kit annoucement

Modge

The kit listed in the below image was stolen this AM from a van in Birmingham, exactly when the band in question where trying to get to Glastonbury.

http://morrisdigital.co.uk/PublicImages/stolenKit.jpg

I work with them quite regularly and it is safe to safe "somewhat vexed" by the situation. I'll check with the sound engineer about serial numbers for anything, but I thought I'd get this posted sharpish before anyone was offered the kit.

Have they put the word around music shops / Cash Converter type establishments in the city?

Thats certainly worth a shot! A friend of mine had his warehouse broken into in Brum and they found quite a few items in a cash convertors not far from where they're based I believe.

I hope the little s**ts get caught, but I doubt they will! Good luck with it though and I hope they make the gig still!

Have they put the word around music shops / Cash Converter type establishments in the city?

I believe so, yes.

I've also seen (unrelated) stolen kit recovered by going round cash converters. Little so and so's hadn't even taken the labels off....

And here I was thinking that such stores were supposed to do, AND KEEP, proper checks on ID for stock intake... I mean, you wouldn't go and prove who you are, to someone who keeps records, if you knew the kit was stolen now, would you?

I got asked by some little twerp outside one of these shops if I could go in on their behalf - I'm guessing because they were known for taking in stolen kit. Needless to say, I politely declined. I suppose I should have reported it to someone, but wasn't really sure what to do.

Hi Modge, sorry to hear your bad news,we are based in Rich B##CH, so will pass onto the Studio and all my techs in case these get offered this kit.

we had kit go walkies , but found some in Cash con> so keep a look out and on flee bay/gumtree etc

good luck

Paul Pacific

Archived