WaterProof Speakers

Chris M

My dads doind a job for a fairly well-off family who regulary have pool parties, they dont need anything flashy or top of the range. They basicaly just want a couple of speakers to put around the pool, and presumeably leave there throughout the year. Are there any speakers that are cheap and withstand rain/snow/sun etc etc etc... Any ideas would be useful. Although this doesnt relate directly to theatre, it could still be useful to know anyway.

Cheers

Chris

TOTALY waterproof,

If you have never heard of them then it sounds a bit wierd but have a look at page 760 of canford for verification.

There is a company out there called "rockustics" that makes high quality (ish) outdoor speakers that are waterproof and weatherproof.

They just hapen to look like rocks btw.

The range includes

"Punkrock" - 4Ohm 75W unit (91W 1W @ 1m), (

"Econorock II" - 4 Ohm 70W unit (92dB 1W @ 1m),

"Soundstome" - 8 Ohm 100W unit (89dB 1W @ 1m)

"Rocky Too" - 8 Ohm 100W unit (89dB 1W @ 1m)

"Octorock" - 8 Ohm 100W unit (92dB 1W @ 1m)

"Rocky Jr." - 8 Ohm 100W unit (80dB 1W @ 1m)

"Hillside" - 8 Ohm 200W unit (92dB 1W @ 1m)

"Punk Sub" - 4 Ohm 200W Sub (95dB 1W @ 1m)

"Sub Rock" - 8 Ohm 150W Subterranean unit

"Surround Stone" (360 Coverage) 4 Ohm 75W unit (90dB 1W @ 1m)

Oh and the omniplanter - A speaker in the shape of a plant pot that you can plant plants in.

on the smae subject does anyone know where to get hold of underwater speakers?? I have seen them in use in a few places and they would be ideal for a project im working on, but I cnat seem to find them anywhere :S

on the smae subject does anyone know where to get hold of underwater speakers??

Google comes up with quite a few - mostly expensive and stateside.

I remember seeing quite a few advertised in EPE, but that was quite a few years ago and don't know if it is still being published.

Thanks for your help everyone. I was sure waterproof/weather prrof speakers exist, but being mainly LX, I didnt know of any products. I like the look of Rockustics, and I think the people we are installing them for will as well <_< hopefully I'll be able to get hold of them.

Archived