Trantec 4.5 Write Protection

JohnMac

Hi folks,

I'm trying to standardize my channel 70 radio microphones frequencies on some 'old school' Trantec S4.5 systems.

When trying to program some units I get an error message " This unit is write protected". Is there anything I can do to change the flag so I can re-program them?

Many thanks

Regards

John Mac.

Thanks to both of you, I had tried looking at a 4000 transmitter board besides the 4.5 to see If I could see any differences and couldn't.

Years ago I think I remember sending them away when Trantec moved slightly their upper spot frequencies in channel 70 to what they currently use, so I think it can be done.

I suspect that it's set in software, I believe that there was two different software packages, One that allows one to edit the channel 69 four banks of frequencies, and a more comprehensive package for 'setting up' the systems. I have the former so can look but not change. Oh Hum, it's not the end of the world....

Regards

John Mac.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived