Steeldeck / Lightdeck near eastbourne

ImagineerTom

Before we drag 20 decks 180 miles from our warehouse all the way down to the south coast does anyone know any local suppliers/stockholders of steeldeck / lightdeck type staging near Eastbourne - I'm looking to save transport costs so proximity is key here; a great price from a supplier 100 miles away is unlikely to be cheaper than sending a van with our own piece in but a local supplier 20mins away could probably work out cheaper.

Just to wrap this up, I have discovered that in fact it is (considerably) cheaper for me to send a van half way across the country back to my own storage yard than sub-hire locally in the south-east where deck prices seem to be experiencing tulip-bulb style inflation.

Just to wrap this up, I have discovered that in fact it is (considerably) cheaper for me to send a van half way across the country back to my own storage yard than sub-hire locally in the south-east where deck prices seem to be experiencing tulip-bulb style inflation.

I found a similar situation last month when I needed just a couple of 8 x 2 Litedecks.

Looked at more local suppliers but none of them could match Impact Hire, 70+ miles away in Milton Keynes for the actual per-deck price (by a long way) so I ended up getting the bits from there (I had a tame courier who could call in as a favour en route to London :) )

Archived