DMX controlled festoon

WiLL

Hi chaps,

I'm on the look out for around 60m of DMX controlled festoon, either LED (with control system/psu) or standard mains, but must be dimmable.

Basically I'm decking out my venue with a 'light ceiling' for a production based on Peter Pan. A panoply of lights over the auditorium and playing area, which could be used to create a bit of magic, but ideally I would like some control over the festoons to create some effects and tailor it's look to the scene taking place below. There are some very nice digital festoons on the web but I think the hire prices shown are more geared towards event hire rather than a 4 week dry hire for theatre use. I costed one system at around £1300, which is nearly half my budget, and much as a full colour changing and programmable system would be looooovely it would put too much strain on the purse strings.

Any suggestions?

p.s. I did look at S&H's pealight canopies as a backup but can't see any details on their controllability (is that a word?)

• 1 year later...

A year and a half old thread...... and I'm afraid if you're going to say "they" in the third person then you should probably clarify that it's actually your own company.

But for reference now you've brought the thread back up, I went out and bought 80 running metres of WS2811 festoon from China along with the control gear and power supplies for far less than I was able to hire it from in the U.K, and now I own it all too. I'd certainly look at buying again over hiring some.

Archived