Showtec Multidim DMX issue

gerry5992

HiJust wondering any one can advise on the following or have similar problems.I have two showtec multidim mark 2 units (these are the grey ones iec version) which work perfect thankfully and saw another Multidim online the other day (also mark 2 but this one is blue) which is a used unit (secondhand) for very handy money and bought it.Not that the colour of the unit should matter in the slightest or the price but the units should work the same. I Plugged it in today and set it to channel 470 because I had my other unit set to 470 and I know that unit works (I actually checked it today also for reference) and when I put up channel 470 nothing happens 471 nothing happens 472 nothing happens 473 channel 1 comes on but flashes every few seconds 474 channel 2 comes on but flashes every few seconds 475 channel 3 comes on but flashes every few seconds and 476 channel 4 comes on but flashes every few seconds. If I add 477 the flashing reduces to a slower rate but still flashes.Why does the unit think it's start address is 473 when it's clearly 470 on the dimmer display I have the dimmer set to four channel and the switch set to off ( as you can use as a switcher so I believe .correct me if I'm wrong) basically I copied all the settings off my working dimmers. I'm using a titan mobile with nothing else plugged in only the titan and the dimmer. I have tried the usual and checked cables etc. even with no lights plugged in to the dimmer but a signal sent to the dimmer you can clearly see the led lights on the dimmer pulsing.Oh the other thing is if I set the dimmer to DMX ch 1 well channel 1 is channel 1 and channel 2 is channel 2 and so on but if I set to DMX 470 channel channel 1 is 473 . It's all abit mad I have also tried it on another controlled and tried on a new show with a fresh patch on the titan. I also tried phase reversing the plus and the minus on the input xlr with a phase reverse cableIf I plug everything out and plug in my other working dimmer everything is perfect. Anyone seen anything like this or have a solution

Perhaps the unit you've just bought is faulty?

A lot of customers for these units use them at address 1 and so never set a high address... There might have been a firmware/hardware revision that's introduced this issue that no one else has spotted.

1430387396[/url]' post='521314']

Try moving the base address to 22 - it's the same last 5 bits as 470 and if the behaviour gets repeated there it might reveal an address decoding fault. Are you terminating the 'DMX out'?

Will try that over the weekend thanks. No difference when I terminate as I tried the termination yesterday .

Archived