Diffusion for colour changers

jamieprank

Hi there,

Was just looking for some advice on the best LEE filters to be using on some 150W halogen colour chsngers. They currently emit a spot, and I want to soften the edges and acheive more of a wash effect without losing too much of the light output..

Any ideas??

Any particular reason it has to be Lee? The best tool you can use for this job would be some Rosco Supergel #114 (Hamburg Frost). Or #119 (Half Hamburg) if you want a more subtle effect.

The closest equivalent in the Lee range would be 253 or 254, but I've always preferred the Supergel version.

Hi there,

Was just looking for some advice on the best LEE filters to be using on some 150W halogen colour chsngers. They currently emit a spot, and I want to soften the edges and acheive more of a wash effect without losing too much of the light output..

Any ideas??

Depending on the lamp construction, you might acheive the same effect by removing the front lense, rather than diffusing. I done this successfully with 'Mad' colours in the past.

Archived