MA dot 2

Bryson

So, MA came out with a much lower priced console: http://www.malighting.com/en/news-references/news/news-details/914_the-essence-of-lighting-control.html

They're more in the $20k (that's about UKP13K) range than the $40-$80k that the GrandMA2s retail for. That's more in the Gio/Hedgehog kind of money.

I'm not sure how exactly the software differs from the GrandMA2 - I assume the programming concepts are similar. Thoughts?

Hello Bryson,

As the UK distributor for MA Lighting we would be delighted to show UK customers the new range whenever they want to see it!

Your pricing is a bit off...

Dot2 Core is £6600 list and the larger ones £8600

Its a clever thing (I would say that!) but judge it for yourself www.ma-dot2.com

Cheers

Philip at Ambersphere

This looks like a seriously good move from MA. The hardware looks nice as usual and having gone through the three videos, it looks easy to operate, and thats not usually the first thing anyone says about MA consoles. The screens are really small but of course an external one can be added. I have never run a show on the big desks and would be interested to hear exactly what the similarities and differences are between the two different OS.

As a way to entice poeple into World of MA I am sure it will succeed, and generally once people become familiar with MA they dont leave for another brand. The thing that stops more people getting into it are price and complexity and these desks seem to sort out those two issues. So you can now get MA for the price of a ChamSys - and that should have them worried.

It looks a cracking little desk - I was shown one the other week and it impressed me from just a cursory look.

I think all in all, the next few weeks are going to make it very tough for folk looking to buy new lighting desks ;)

• 2 weeks later...
Yeah espically as "ChamSys will be launching a major new MagicQ console with outstanding feature set and unrivalled price/performance" on 15th April at ProLight & Sound Frankfurt

Archived