Water Proofing radio mic's

JohnMac

• 3 years later...
here's one I prepared earlier... now what flavour to get..... .

I do hope you are non serious,

Just to restate anyway,

You do want un-lubricated, un-flavoured, un-used condoms.

(sorry couldn't resist) :P

To be totally honest with all of you gentlemen, for every show that I put on I have condoms on every Mic. and it works great too, you never have to worry about them and they can be safely reused with out fear.

Also, 'aquapacs' are the defacto in the sailing and kayaking world for keeping stuff dry. They make a special one for radio mics, with a seal for the wire to go through, and if my mobile can survive going down the river dart in one, then I don't think a bit of surface water is going to hurt it!

M

From the aquapac site, refering to the radio mic pack:

CAUTION! We recommend the case for surface use only. Not for submersion

But this is possibly only to cover themselves in case a small leak occurs under submersion. Still, they do look the buisness.

Still, they do look the buisness.

They are. We've used some at sailing for a while now and they are absolutely brilliant for the people on rescue/instruction. I've had one go down about 6 foot into the water at the end of a jetty, and it was still fine

Pain to fish out though!

To be totally honest with all of you gentlemen, for every show that I put on I have condoms on every Mic. and it works great too, you never have to worry about them and they can be safely reused with out fear.

I hope your refering to the radio mics.....

• 2 weeks later...

might aswell add my bit...

if you need a waterproof seal around where a cable exits, ive found the bets thing is silicone grease around cable, then a cable tie around glove etc. makes a nice watertight seal

Archived