X32 and Waves Multirack?

BigYinUK

Hi all

Is there anyone here who can give me a quick howto on the X32 and Waves Multirack please?

I couldn't figure out how to route the fx into Waves and out of the card onto the bus.

Other than that we're getting on well with the console.

Regards

Jon

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Patrick.

Thanks but I have seen that video. I followed the steps and it didn't work, in fact we've still not succeeded in getting it to work :(

My engineer has the desk atm and is planning to spend some time on it this week.

Regards

• 3 weeks later...

Dear BigYinUK,

If you are trying to use Waves plugins as FX send/returns, here is how it can be done:

For this example, I'll use Buses 9-11(which are set as post-fader by default) to give me 3 mono FX sends to Waves Multirack. Then we will use AUX Returns 1-6 for 3 stereo returns from Multirack.

On the "card out" page of the ROUTING menu, switch the first column (Output 1-8) to "Out 9-16". By default, buses 9-14 are assigned to outputs 9-14, but you can check this on the "Out 1-16" page.

In Multirack, input 1 will be the signal from bus 9, input 2 will be bus 10, and input 3 will be bus 11. Create 3 "racks" using inputs 1-3. For rack one, assign the outputs to Out 1+2, rack two to Out 3+4, and rack three to Out 5+6.

On the X32, go to the "home" page of the ROUTING menu. Change the "Aux In Remap" column to "Card 1-6". Now your returns from Multirack should appear on Aux Return channels 1-6. Since your FX returns from Multirack are stereo, you will want to stereo link Aux 1+2, Aux 3+4, & Aux 5+6. Hope it helps!

Best,

John DINICOLA

Manager, Customer Experience, Engagement

MUSIC Group

BEHRINGER

So the X32 can have three extra stereo or 6 single channel fx using the aux 'inserts' feature.... that's pretty impressive. I have a Compact, can I still make use of the physical I/O in the aux section (assigned to some spare channels) while using the aux I/O like this?

Dear Sam,

This was just one example, as there are many possibilities since the X-USB interface is 32x32 channels. If one had extra input channels available, such as yourself with a X32 COMPACT, they could return a full bank of 8 to input channels and utilize bus 12 as well for a total of 4 sends / 4 stereo returns. You could also use buses 5-12 for 8 sends and bring those 8 stereo FX returns in on inputs 17-32. In these examples, physical Aux I/O would still be available since you are not using the Aux In Remap feature.

In my example from earlier, however, I used the Aux In Remap feature in order to not lose any input channels. This would be useful if you were working with 25-32 inputs. In this scenario, your physical Aux Inputs (returns) would be disabled, but the physical Aux Outputs would still be available and assignable.

Best,

John DINICOLA

MUSIC Group

BEHRINGER

Dear BigYinUK,

If you are trying to use Waves plugins as FX send/returns, here is how it can be done:

Best,

John DINICOLA

MUSIC Group

BEHRINGER

Thank you John. I'll get together with my engineer and give this a try asap.

Regards

Jon

Archived