new short throw projector?

Impact Pete

Hello I need to update a Panasonic projector that is currently rear projecting onto a 3m wide screen 4:3 ratio it has a short throw lense in it, which has always not really done the job as the centre is always brighter than the edges, I know lately there are some new projectors with better optics and would create a good image at the throw required (3m throw).

Could anyone suggest a good one for a budget of no more than £4000 tops

thank you!

I Concur... The hotspots got nothing to do with the projctor and everything to do with the screen. For rear projection with a decent viewing angle, you want as low a gain as possible. You have a decent enough budget, and id actually look at replacing the screen material with something nicer first. replacing the projector without the screen will just give you a brighter hotspot.

Also 4 by 3 is somewhat oldschool these days and its been years since we have installed one into a new instalation as its a widescreen world these days.. Im not saying that the screen and xga res arnt exactly what you need, but in my experience 16/9 or 16/10 are much more usefull so its a question that you have to ask yourself.

That said, theres a number of units that would suit your needs, but it may be that all you need are new lamps and a new screen surface...

I Concur... The hotspots got nothing to do with the projctor and everything to do with the screen. For rear projection with a decent viewing angle, you want as low a gain as possible. You have a decent enough budget, and id actually look at replacing the screen material with something nicer first. replacing the projector without the screen will just give you a brighter hotspot.

Also 4 by 3 is somewhat oldschool these days and its been years since we have installed one into a new instalation as its a widescreen world these days.. Im not saying that the screen and xga res arnt exactly what you need, but in my experience 16/9 or 16/10 are much more usefull so its a question that you have to ask yourself.

That said, theres a number of units that would suit your needs, but it may be that all you need are new lamps and a new screen surface...

I should of said, projector is broken pixels are going, I need a new projector, screen is a very good one please any thoughts on projector not the screen, wide screen not suitable on this job

Im Afraid that if theres hotspotting on a rear screen, its got little to do with the projector and everything to do with the screen, thats just the nature of how these things work. You can minimise it by playing with the height of the projector and using lens shift to get a more even larger hotspot in the average viewing area, and you will need a 0.8 lens that allows for this as most are sloicly on axis. For your Budget, id probably suggest the E series panasonic, with a W22 lens either the 7500 lumen ex800 or if your budget is plus vat, or the Ex510 / ex610 unit if it isnt...

http://business.panasonic.co.uk/visual-system/products-and-accessories/projectors/fixed-installation/PT-EX800Z

http://business.panasonic.co.uk/visual-system/products-and-accessories/projectors/fixed-installation/PT-EX800Z?info=accessories

we have sold a number of these and they are single lamp centre lens lcd projectors and for the money very good.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I should of said, projector is broken pixels are going, I need a new projector, screen is a very good one please any thoughts on projector not the screen, wide screen not suitable on this job

If it looks like it got white spotty rash, where the pixel have failed it's the chip on the mother board I got told, and the manufacture replaced and repaired it for free? Might help you out?

Archived