LED fixture control

Marineboy63

I've been looking for something very simple for a while now for one client, and ideally he just wants 12 faders that do RGBRGBRGBRGB and work four different types of light, all set to the same DMX. Sure, on the clever controls you can map pretty well anything to a fader, but the cost is too high and the features you paid for, hardly touched. In fact, for many uses, something simple that just let you map a DMX channel to a fader would be fine. Everything is just designed to do so much, that simple has been forgotten.

Done just that with a scenesetter 12/24 desk (made by elation/american DJ and various other brands) - as the whole bottom row of faders can be programmed as scenes. So you make a scene for 1 lantern in red as scene 13 / Green as scene 14 and so on.

You need to set the lanterns to the minimum DMX profile though as the desk capacity is limited by the total number of faders - so four lanterns will ideally need to occupy no more than 6dmx channels each. But there's also a 24/48ch desk variety if you're needing more.

Not necessarily the best option, but it's a cheap one

Seeing as the OP has Selecon LED's, he can use them in 3 channel mode for Intensity, Preset Colour Mode where he can set his 25 colours, Timing, so he can have four groups of fixtures. I think a 24/48 preset scene desk would be more usefull to allow 8 groups of fixtures.

Hello all,

Of course I would say so but this sort of market is exactly what the Jands Stage CL was designed for - people who work with lighting but don't necessarily understand the technology behind it, all they want to do is push a fader up and a light comes on with the addition of easily being able to add / experiment with colour.

If anyone wants to try one out on a show or venue to see how it works for your specific needs all you have to do is let me know, I am always happy to assist.

To clarify a few points that have come up in the thread:

• The Stage CL actually features a Kensington lock port - so even if the console is situated in an unlocked room the console can still be secured in the same way as any other equipment in a space like we are discussing. Another solution maybe to utilise the built in Vesa mount (or both).
  • The Stage CL will automatically boot and load the last showfile / state. All a user has to do is literally turn it on at the back and they are straight into where they left off.

Thanks

Jack

Archived