Jem zr-33

the kid

Morning all,

I have a ZR-33 that appears to be leaking smoke from the top vents (not MUCH but enough to be annoying)

Having taken it appart, as far as the block, its coming from one of the lines in to the heat block. I am guessing that it is perhaps one of the lines missconnected to the heat block, or a blockage somewhere in the heatblock. My issue is that there is quite a bit of "burnt" residue on one of the copper hoses and around the general area. Is this likley to be a full on blockage owing to not being cleaned / standing not being used for a while / wrong fluid use? and thus is it easy to fix? it the block is covered in fiberglass/rockwool insulation which I would not have guessed at all so taking it appart is not going to be fun unless I can be super sure of it working.

Of course the other alternative is to block up the grill on top, Is it actually doing anything other than looks?

Thanks

Sounds like a leak in the metal pipe feeding the fluid into the block, rather than any type of blockage. I haven't been in a ZR33 in a while but I think the fluid pipes go straight into the block without any joints, in which case you cannot fix this problem except by replacing the whole block which will be very expensive. Call Jem service in the UK if you want to know just how expensive... If it's not a major problem I suggest you leave it as it is, though it's likely to get progressively worse.

Can you post a photograph here?

Do not block the ventilation grilles. The machine will probably overheat and trip out if you do.

Thanks.

I will have another check but the conversation went some thing like -

"I looked at the zr33, it looks a lot like its got a blockage with smoke coming out of the heatblock and lots of burnt stuff on the pipe"

"yeh the customer said they might have used non standard fluid"

So off to get a new heat block.

Try giving it a thorough flush through first with either distilled water or white vinegar before going off to purchase expensive parts.

If it still doesn't work afterwards then you have not lost out if you were already prepared to pay for a new block.

Try giving it a thorough flush through first with either distilled water or white vinegar before going off to purchase expensive parts.

If it still doesn't work afterwards then you have not lost out if you were already prepared to pay for a new block.

The flush did nothing at all. The new part is on its way.

Thanks

Archived