DBR vs DXR

JamesR

Good Evening,

I was wondering what the difference between these two model actually is? Barr the small difference in SPL. I am aware one was overseen by NEXO.

DBR range seems an entry level speaker but I have read people saying they both sound the same. I have 4 DXR15's and 2 DXR10s as monitors, and wondered what the difference is? Could I have saved money!

KR James

Good Evening,

I was wondering what the difference between these two model actually is? Barr the small difference in SPL. I am aware one was overseen by NEXO.

DBR range seems an entry level speaker but I have read people saying they both sound the same. I have 4 DXR15's and 2 DXR10s as monitors, and wondered what the difference is? Could I have saved money!

KR James

There was a post on here or SOS by someone who compared the two, IIRC they said they found the DBR was not as bright the DXR though others have said they compare favourably (presumably with a "for the money" qualification).

Apparently Sound on Sound have a review of the DBR10s in the pipeline.

Sam I think that was me. I remember posting something recently about auditioning them both. I liked the DBRs as I like all the current range of Yamahas for the money, but the DBRs do sound less bright and certainly lack the clarity of the DXRs. I was after 4 new monitors to go with my DSR FOH rig. I already own 4 DXRs and I am really happy with them, but the DBRs were released just as I was about to purchase. As it was my supplier did me an amazing deal on the DSR12s and I got them for a similar price to the DXRs which swung the deal for me. I will say for the money you will not be disappointed with the DBRs but if you have the money personally I would always go for the DXRs. On the other hand if you are after a super budget set of speakers the DBRs will suit that very well.

Im sure I could have condensed this response somewhat so sorry for rambling on.

Pete

Hi Pete,

Do not worry... the detail was good. I love my DXR's and from what you said it best to stick with them when purchasing more are clarity and quality are important to me. I love the crisp sound of the DXR's

Thank you again and to Sam as well.

Cheer

James

Archived