One for the Festival Folk

Tezzachs

Hi all,

I know a lot of you have been involved with festival and events in the past; Im part of a group organising a 1940s event in Ramsgate,Kent, our usual fencing company no longer does fencing so I'm looking for recommendations for a company that will provide and erect fencing or crew to put fencing up

many thanks in advance

Terry

I've struggled to understand the need for "fencing companies" - almost any plant/tool hire company will rent you fencing (prices vary wildly) and actually putting it up isn't a massively skilled job or requires much in the way of tools - rent some fencing in, rent in a couple of crewmen (any of the normal crewing companies will have staff more than used to putting up fencing) and off you go - assuming your terrain isn't too evil 2 guys can erect 50 full size heras panels per hour quite easily.

50 panels an hour must assume you dont have to walk very far with panels and blocks. However to agree with others just hire the fence and a couple of local crew (although I would recomend telling the crew company its heras so the guys at least turn up with the right tools)

Didn't think of folk week, to be honest but will try them.

The original idea of the fencing co was ease and simplicity of making one phone call and it would turn up on the back of a truck and be put up.

My next question is crew co recommendations? Hiring crew for something like this is entirely new to me so not sure where to start

A fencing company with events know-how will cover the transport and crew scheduling if you have better things to do, and whilst heras deployment isn't the most technical of skills, their experience should help with bracing/t-ing, gates etc, and it's their job to make sure they have enough of everything. But unless you have a good local company you'll save money dry-hiring and using local crew.

If you dry hire heras, or ped barriers, insist that it is 'events grade' - it is shocking what can turn up from a construction hire company, with several broken and bent panels in a pack, and every other foot hole filled with cement. (And even with good stuff you should designate a s__t pile in a place out of harm's way).

My fencing world was shaken in December when a bag of heras clips arrived with two different nut sizes. I've only just got over barriers changing from "easy to calculate" 2.5m to "fits in a shipping container" 2.3m.

Archived