Avo Titan V8 Palette updating

pete LD

Hello,

Im just trying to set up my Titan mobile for a tour next week and I'm having a few issues!!

Ive used a Tiger Touch for the last 3 years but I thought I would try the mobile running V8. Its not going well!!

I have recorded all my position palettes as normal as that seems to be the only workable option for position (even though the desk keeps trying to make them Global?)

I have set up the visualiser and went to update the positions to something sensible and the UPDATE PALETTE button no longer exists. So I've had a read of the v8 manual for the mobile and it tells you to press UPDATE PALETTE….. So is it hidden on the screen somewhere?

But there is now a normal update button. So I've tried selecting some lights, putting them in a palette, moving them and pressing UPDATE. This then highlights the palette and asks me to press the palette button or press enter. Both of these options do nothing. I have tried all my palettes, made new ones, global ones, shared ones, tried different fixtures but nothing works. I have also tried RECORD and MERGE which I've had limited success!

I was hoping the new version of the AVO would be less horrific than the original one but it appears its not! Its such a shame because it fits my style of operating so well!

Anyone got any ideas before I go and get my MA wing and spend the time I'm wasting on this learning to use that!

Thanks,

Pete

- To change the values in a palette press Record then double-tap the palette to merge.

Additional info:

- The double-tap is a shortcut to the 'Quick Merge' function which automatically sets the attribute group mask to match the destination palette (the mask that will be applied is shown underneath the [Quick Merge] softkey). This is to avoid accidentally adding things you didn't intend like dimmer. However if you do want to add a different attribute group (for example merging colour into a position palette) then simply select the [Merge] softkey instead.

- The palette type automatically selected will be determined by the values in the programmer - if they are the same for every fixture then it will be 'global' when recording in an empty handle or 'shared' when merging in an occupied handle. If one of the fixtures contains different values then it will be 'normal'. The automatic selection can always be overridden by toggling softkey E.

- The Update Palette function is mainly used when updating cues in cuelists. For example where you have active cues containing palette references, using the update [palette] function provides a way to automatically select the relevant palette without having to find it manually.

(Make sure you are running v8.1. There were some important changes in this version, particularly regarding the automatic palette type on merge)

Thanks for the answer Nick, I didn't reply as I was far to bogged down in programming! But all is good, Tour is up and running and it feels like its going ok!

I won't be putting it on E bay just yet, As I said it suits me and the shows I do!

I do however need to try and part Ex my old Tiger touch for a new one that hopefully will work a bit better!

One issue that came to light over the last few days is that if you copy a playback thats has the mode set to 2, It does not copy the mode but it does still say Mode 2 when you go to edit it! I used to have that problem ages ago but it was when I turned the desk on, Mode 2 would have been forgotten!! That does appear to have gone away now!

Im very guilty of not reporting problems, working round them and then moaning a bit!

Pete

No worries. Glad to hear it. I will look into mode 2 not copying. Since you mention it are you aware that you do not need this for controlling shape size/speed? I only ask as this was typically the most common use as it was required in the old consoles. Control of effect parameters on fader is now set in playback options. This means you can have other controls in a playback that do not get affected by fader level when combined with an effect.

If you do find you have any problems then feel free to post on the Avo forum. If it is a bug then I will ensure it gets entered into the system.

we all have our fav. desks, but I have always been an AVO fan, and contrary to popular myth, I have never had one crash, blow up or die, been luck, perhaps, but for what I do, they suit me over all the platforms from tiger-tiger touch- expert and mobile, just finished a month in europe with titan mobile and touch screen laptop, no problem, and so easy to transport when traveling abroad etc.

currently using a sapphire dual screen on a corporate whilst typing this, realy like it. its all to easy to knock avo, but that's up to individual preferences?, but as the name suggests proaudio?? may not be an Avo fan!, but I certainly will not pum my desks on ebay, or any of the hundreds of venues I know who are very happy with them?????

yes they that been many issues and set backs with titan, I do agree that the first tiger touch,had an inferior screen, but the latest touch is great, we have 2 constantly our on tours and as I say.. no major problems. but a lx tech we all learn our own ways to work a problem, it is frustrating and yes improvements are required and are being made, its progress, as we all know if like last week I had to do a show on a Tiger, non titan, wow, forgot all those short cuts are not available>>>>

the mobile is a compact surface that works and, does have its limitations, but if you study the desk and that means spending time, ( which is never a waist, as you are always learning) to get to know these limitations.

if I have had any problems, then a quick call the Lee at Avo, and a solution is not far away!

Archived