Need a simple UV effect

vinntec

As far as the blue LED test is concerned, I am waiting for a bit more of the set to be painted before doing a proper test. However, the spec for our PLCYC1 says: “The luminaire shall employ One (1) LED light source engines that will not emit light in the ultra-violet (wavelengths less than 400nm for UV-A,B, or C) or the Infrared spectrum (wavelengths of more than 775 nm). Units that emit light within this spectrum shall not be accepted.” So this is not very hopeful and suggests that all I get is blue light but will give it a go anyway although we have a UV tube coming now to do the main job.

....will not emit light in the ultra-violet (wavelengths less than 400nm for UV-A[/b],B, or C).... Units that emit light within this spectrum shall not be accepted.” ......[/size][/size]

Units emitting below 400nm have a zero added to the price tag is why.

Your ones are probably around the 470nm mark `normal` blue led, royal/dental blue is around 415-430 nm , 400nm is the purple/violet visible light emitted by cheaper LED UV panels, Black Light Blue fluro peaks at 370nm. Forgot what the peak transmission of Congo Blue is....

Most UV reactive colours will pop under blue light but not all `dayglow` colours are UV reactive.

As far as the blue LED test is concerned, I am waiting for a bit more of the set to be painted before doing a proper test. However, the spec for our PLCYC1 says: "The luminaire shall employ One (1) LED light source engines that will not emit light in the ultra-violet (wavelengths less than 400nm for UV-A,B, or C) or the Infrared spectrum (wavelengths of more than 775 nm). Units that emit light within this spectrum shall not be accepted." So this is not very hopeful and suggests that all I get is blue light but will give it a go anyway although we have a UV tube coming now to do the main job.

Just to confirm this particular LED lantern blue hardly excited the UV paint, if at all - but the UV tube we now has does much better and works better with the blue cyc light off and will do the job of pretending to be lit windows as intended.

Archived