RCF Art 712A vs Yamaha DXR12/15

JamesR

Hi All.

Just wondered if the RCF712A as it goes lower and its lighter...

How it compares to a DXR12 or DXR15 for a live band. Multiple vocals, drum kit, bass, guitars and sax plus keys.

I struggle to find a review comparing the DXR range to the Art 7 series. Are these a different league?

KR

IIRC they sound quite different, I did buy some new speakers having listened to 10 or 12 active 12" boxes but that's around 18 months ago now. To me the DXR12s were nicer than the 712s but I bought QSC K12s in the end (and some DXR110s for monitors/small gigs). Go and give them a listen at a dealer.

That's a lot to ask putting a whole band through any 1x12 speaker without sub's.

I use my K12s with a single 15" sub (EV sBa750) when I'm putting the whole band in there. If I was not using the sub I'd probably go for 15"&H cabs but the 12"s sound so much better for vocals. For most music (i.e. not HipHop/Metal/really loud rock or pop) I'd say a single 15" sub is enough to keep the 12"s happy. The 2 x 12 & sub rig is much more scalable than a 2 x 15 setup and when you add 2 or 3 10" actives you can go from a 2 x 10" + one monitor for quiet/acoustic stuff up to the full rig with 3 (or in my case 5) x 1 x 10" monitors. If was doing this on a limited budget I'd go for 2 x DXR110s or 112s + 1 x DXS15 sub and add 2 or 3 Alto TS110As if I needed monitors. That gives you a very nice sounding rig and max "bang for buck". TBH you only really need the sub for kick and bass

Archived