slideshow from smart phones

Whiskers

More detail required.

One smartphone or many? Just images or text too? Direct to screen with the oldest of the 20 being pushed off the end or curated with the new images being selected by an operator?

Mobile network solutions or via a Wireless Network?

Josh

More detail required.

One smartphone or many?

Many - Application is a new years party - fancy dress -

Just images or text too?

Images fine perhaps with an overlaid logo

Direct to screen with the oldest of the 20 being pushed off the end or curated with the new images being selected by an operator?

Partygoers submit, it goes in the show, snaps fall off the end - the end, no sober moderator available!

Mobile network solutions or via a Wireless Network?

Whatever is easiest for jolly party goers to access so probably network but the display computer will be in the same room,

I know I will probably end up with pictures of bums - see if I care

surely your easiest bet would be getting the party goers to take a photo to post to social media with a hashtag of your choosing and pull the images from the web?

this is already available and cheap/free depending how you want it to look.

There is an app called 'wed pics'

I have used it a couple of times at weddings and it works quite well - only downside is that anyone that wants to post has to download the free app.

Other than that I would agree social media with hashtags would work perfectly

• 2 weeks later...
As I learned doing a Social Media Awards ceremony: if you have a hashtag that gets any reasonable amount of "traction" then the spammers will find it and spam it. It's amazing really. We had spam in the feed within 20 minutes of the first tag.

As I learned doing a Social Media Awards ceremony: if you have a hashtag that gets any reasonable amount of "traction" then the spammers will find it and spam it. It's amazing really. We had spam in the feed within 20 minutes of the first tag.

Are you sure it was spam and not pi**ed up punters?? drunk punters at the social media awards seems like the perfect time to spaff some "funnies" all over the feed, or for that matter, trolls seeing there was something to do with social media awards?

I can't say I've ever had the same problem, and software like para tweet has a pre made blacklist of words you can choose to use, or not.

George.

Archived