Install Wall bars

handyandi

I am looking to put up a few wall bars for a few profiles etc in a church that contains a Foh truss a couple of metres from the stage & some over the stages bars. It will be highly visible so want it to be as unobtrusive as possible (maybe even having white versions of profiles & Chrome pars if used), but all I can seem to find to fit the bill is either plain Doughty wall brackets per fixture (which could be painted white) or using a scaff bar on these, but the only other option seems to be these (which I prefer) but they only come as a package deal (again could be sprayed white.)

Any idea’s?

Easiest option will be just to use 2 half couplers... drill a M12 hamerset into the wall top and bottom and set it. Then put an M12 bolt through the half coupler and bolt it to the wall using the hamerset. Then clamp into the half coupler. Job done.

Easiest option will be just to use 2 half couplers... drill a M12 hamerset into the wall top and bottom and set it. Then put an M12 bolt through the half coupler and bolt it to the wall using the hamerset. Then clamp into the half coupler. Job done.

I think that would end up with the bar rather too close to the wall - you do need to be able to hang lights on it

There is no way of making the standard ironmongery look anything but utilitarian. In this sort of situation there is really no need for bars either as there won't be much need for re-positioning. Why not design something along the bracket line yourself (maybe drawing inspiration from the old Strand swivel arm which had a bit of aesthetics applied to it) and get a local metal bashing company to make it up for you - maybe having it powder coated to suit.

I think that would end up with the bar rather too close to the wall - you do need to be able to hang lights on it

I think it would work , kinda. But you would need to remove the bar to put on some derigs.

I think the op 2nd option is best, I am SURE someone makes those arms that are in the kit, They might even sell them not in the kit if you call, ( they are not going to ship them pre rigged and if they do I imagine they build to order)

In fact I think there was this very topic not so long ago for a same situation.

I have had neater structures put together by a metalworker for an install that need consideration of aesthetics. Pipe with two other pipes coming off at 90 degrees welded neatly with nice baseplates at their ends.

Didn't cost much, though I don't have the figures to hand for how much not much is.

I think it would work , kinda. But you would need to remove the bar to put on some derigs.

Suppose it depends on the bar orientation ... if vertical and used with derigs/arms it would be ok. If horizontal and the lights hanging underneath, not ok.

Personally, I would go for an option that excluded the removal of unit hook clamps, so either the short form stand off bars, or a personal favourite, a position made from Kee-Klamp*, but either used with de-rig arms

*Other makes of pipe clamps are available.

The Unistrut option with say, pre-made cantilever arms, could be viable as the arms could be removed when no lights are rigged, and lights could be rigged at whatever height suits for that particular application with a vertical channel and zebedees.

Removing hook clamps etc is not too much of an issue as the upper stage bars are 50mm & the truss is 38mm so there is a mixture of hook clamps & half couplers used. I suppose the modularity of unistrut & de-rig boom arms would make it tidier when less fixtures are fitted.

Archived