Midrange headworn mic

revbobuk

Pete - I'll get yours back to you ASAP - thanks for the loan. Very impressed, and it's much less complex to wear than the two-ear jobs. I'll be looking to buy one myself. Rather relieved that it was in my office at the church this last week, not here at home, as we've just been burgled!

• 3 months later...

DB have kindly sent a couple JAG IMX6's for us to try out. Today we're in a cracking 400-seater theatre comparing the JAG IMX6 with our DPA 4066's.

In a blind test with flat EQ the JAG is winning more votes than the DPA on tone & feedback rejection. In the hand, people are generally preferring the JAG robust feel.

All totally subjective & the DPA will sound better to some & better under different circumstances. Shame we didnt have a DPA D:fine 4088 to hand, but still.. JAG make a compelling case.

So given the choice between say, DPA 4088, Countryman E6 & JAG IMX6.. would you spend your dollars on?

PS. Anyone use the E6 with the dual ear adapter?.. is it a good thing?

Cheers

.gh

Archived