LED floodlight

ghance

Have a stock of 10w and 30w cool white (6000k) floodlights. - outdoor IP65 security style jobby. I bought cool as they give a bit more light out (5-10% more).

About to buy some more.. Do I carry on with cool & gel where I need to.. Or switch to warm white which look a lot nicer straight out of the tin without need for gel?

Application is mix of functional & decorative at temporary outdoor venues.. Eg bang up some work light for loading bay, fire exits etc.. And decoratively light the front of house areas.. Say colour washing the walls of a marquee or picking out trees & whatnots in the gardens

Exactly what I'm lighting changes from job to job, as does the colour scheme.

I opted for cool white initially with the view to take maximum lumen and gel as needed. That said Warm white just looks nicer and therefore negates need for gel much of the time and is generally easier on the eye back of house.

Welcome thoughts.

As L204 has a transmission of around 55%, and L206 has a transmission of around 80%, I would say that buying the cool white and slapping colour across the front of it is fairly pointless, unless you are using a very pale shade of why bother CTO.

I would keep a stock of cool white for working light, and buy just warm white for the pretties from now on.

Seconded. Anything that works straight out of the box without being messed around with is always better than wanting one thing and buying something else because the paper specs are better. If you buy warm now it will give you both and that's best of both worlds, surely! (And, to be honest, if I were hiring them from you I'd always ask for warm - unless they were to fit in with something already existing with a blue colour scheme). As you say yourself, warm looks nice so why not just buy it! B-)

Another vote for warm white. I do quite a lot of temporary exterior lighting and tend to use far more warm white than cool white as they make plants and trees look more natural, although there is of course a place for both. So I'd suggest to buy warm white if you're looking to increase your stock as it'll give you the flexibility.

Archived