Video File Formats

s-p

Hi

Just received some Film Festival entries from my school. Head of drama would like all of them (they're 2 mins each) on a single DVD.

My problem is, they are varying in format. I have some in Windows Media Video, some in MPEG 2, and others in AVI.

I was intending on using Pinnacle Studio to inport all the films, and then burn to a single disc. However, Pinnacle doesn't take WMV (and convertors I've found are rubbish), and some films are different frame rates - so Pinnacle won't allow them together in a movie.

Basically we would like to show these films on a projector - what does anyone feel is the best way to do this? As I can't get them all to co-operate in Pinnacle I was thinking of just using a Windows Media Player playlist, but this isn't really ideal. Alternatively does anyone know of a piece of software designed to show various video clips?

Any suggestions on this whole topic very welcome,

sp

Can you play them all onto a DV camera thru either it's firewire input or it's analog inputs? Then import them into the PC that way and burn them off. I did this last year for my school's film festival and it worked fine- sources included VHS-C , Mini-DV, VCD, S-VCD, and one DVD.

David

Maybe you can convert all files with TMpegENC into mpeg2 and then burn them on a single DAVID. TMpegENC can convert lot of different formats including wmv into mpeg2, I have done it several times...

Maybe you can convert all files with TMpegENC into mpeg2 ...

I can't seem to find it on the website, can this program convert from WMV?

sp

try with this link, yes it will convert from wmv I have done it several times. if you will have any other questions or need help on TMPGEnc, please mail me....

http://www.pegasys-inc.com/en/download/tp.html

Archived