Comms wiring for hearing Aids

Paul-zoom-motion

Well, yes, but surely clear com compatible would br the most common in the UK rather than the USA? ;)

the newer clear com packs have a 2.5mm jack designed for a cellphone type headset. Perhaps a simple adaptor cable could work? I know ebay has 2.5mm plug to dual 3.5sockets to allow different headsets to be connected?

The now discontinued RS-600 series belt packs had a 2.5mm jack, but CC recommended not using cellphone style headsets with it. It was intended for use with the CC lightweight headset. The current 700 series belt packs no longer have that connector,nor did any prior to the 600 series.

Relying on a personal belt pack being compatible with the house system seems like an expensive, risky, choice when an adapter cable and a 4 pin gender changer will let you connect to the much more universal headset interface.

Mac

I have taken your advise and now talking to techs at Canford as well as Oticon Medical.

Thanks again for your help

To be honest this sounds like the sort of project to throw back to the manufacturer of the coms system. Aside from knowing exactly how the system will behave it's the sort of interesting project they'd get PR value out of by creating the first proper DDA compliant system and so you'd probably end up with exactly the right widget, designed by experts for free?

• 1 month later...

UPDATE

Once again thank you all for your input into this topic.

After communication with Canford and Oticon Medical we are hoping that we have solved the problem. Canford are currently making a patch lead which I'm waiting delivery of (Due 8th Dec).

Now I have another problem I'm hoping I could find someone to help me with. As we are now into panto session in the theatres I'm looking to find someone in or near Birmingham that would let me test this out (I currently don't have any shows until late January) It's as simple as just plugging into your comms system and see if it works ok... PLEASE.

• 4 months later...

Archived