Behringer B212D

russchallis1

Hi All,

Sorry I'm new so I'm not sure if this is the right place to be putting this or not.

I am looking to purchase a pair of Behringer B212D's from looking at the reviews and the price they seem perfect for what I'm planning on using them for. I am just wondering if anyone on here has any previous experience of them since I don't want to waste money?

Thanks

Russ

They are very cheap (£150 at Thomann), I have no experience but I can recommend, as an alternative, the Alto Truesonic TS112A which cost £236. The Berry is rated at 550 watts but no SPL measurement or info regarding what kind of watts (no real surprise there, few manufacturers quote RMS any more usually 'peak' 'cos it's a bigger number). The Alto is 800 watts peak 400 watts RMS and 125dB max SPL. I now have two of the 10" version in my inventory and they are very good indeed for the money.

Hi

I've had 8 of the B212D's for about 4-5 years and have used them as monitors, small PA's, shout speakers and have had no failures.

The fact that that you can plug a mic directly in is very useful. The Hi/Lo EQ in this instance is helpful for rolling off LF and boosting HF for intelligibility - something lacking in the cited Alto.

The build quality is fine, as is the response. They are protected by limiters which have prevented the drivers and output stages from being fried.

Now I come to think of it I've had to change an input XLR which was destroyed when one toppled over. It was a 15m repair so no problem.

Because the mains IEC is not a locking type, I always run the mains and signal cable trough the handle to prevent them inadvertently being pulled out.

Hope this helps.

Dan.

PS: Russ: What's the application you're considering them for?

I've had a pair of B212Ds that I bought in April for use on some specific shows in a 200-250 seat venue (theatre and variety stuff, not heavy rock).

So far I'm very pleased--impressed by the sound quality and level from such a small box. Because of their versatility, I've started using them for applications they weren't originally bought for--last weekend they were monitor wedges for a choir concert and a couple of days ago they were at an outdoor fair--the host wandered the site with a radio mic for which the receiver was plugged straight into one of the B212Ds and looped to the other.

For the money I'd say they're hard to beat--though I may have a distorted view of the market because everything is expensive down here in Australia.

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I am planning on using them for small events indoors and outdoors ocassionally on small fields just for playing a bit of music and using a radio mic..

Russ

Hi

I've had 8 of the B212D's for about 4-5 years and have used them as monitors, small PA's, shout speakers and have had no failures.

The fact that that you can plug a mic directly in is very useful. The Hi/Lo EQ in this instance is helpful for rolling off LF and boosting HF for intelligibility - something lacking in the cited Alto.

The build quality is fine, as is the response. They are protected by limiters which have prevented the drivers and output stages from being fried.

Now I come to think of it I've had to change an input XLR which was destroyed when one toppled over. It was a 15m repair so no problem.

Because the mains IEC is not a locking type, I always run the mains and signal cable trough the handle to prevent them inadvertently being pulled out.

Hope this helps.

Dan.

PS: Russ: What's the application you're considering them for?

Archived