cheap , Simple DMX software

djmatthill

Hello Chaps.

I'm after simple DMX software that's easy to programme and is very very easy to recall shows and settings.

The fixtures are loads of old parcans connected to standard DMX summers and maybe control of a couple of simple DMX scanners and led fixtures?

The software must be easy to programme but needs to have a user interface similar to showcad operator panel , do the users can click a button for say DAYTIME SETTINGS ,then another for EARLY DISCO AND LATE DISCO etc.

Just need it to run simple sound to light settings and move a few mirrors etc..

The software needs to be cheap or dare I ask , are there any Free alternatives out there that would do the job ?

Your suggestions please..

I'm a sound boy so lighting knowledge limited.

Matt

DMX dimmers .... Phone autocorrect ** laughs out loud **

I also vote for chamsys with free software downloads and the dongle being only £10 and the full version being £60. You could download the software from them and see If you can use it and have a play before you buy the dongle. Even if you don't know where to start with chamsys then I'm pretty sure there is tutorials online.

Alec

I am a big fan of Sweetlight/showexpress http://www.sweetlight-controller.com

It miles cheaper then showcad but has same type of touchscreen way at less then £300 for 512 channels.you can also get 100 channels for £120.

More simple bit of kit then some but you can link computer to a wifi network.

And use your phone to control lighting so venue management can control lights from any part of venue.

And it very simple to pick up within few mins a DJ can use it. and within a few hrs a venue owner can understand it so they can program.

I would keep away from chamsys it good kit but not for a venue that you want to give control to DJ`s and bar staff. chamsys is for trained people and to takes a lot of training to fully understand it.

you want a system that does the job and gives power to set the mood fast £300 is not a lot of cash for a venue. I known venues waste £10,000 on lights but endup with a system that is powered with a controller that not programmed well or left all night on 1 simple show. That what makes kit like showcad/sweetlight work for nightclubs as you can give the job to the person in the DJ booth and have it locked off so they cant mess it up.

The venue I occasionally 'repair' use magicq in exactly this way via the exec screen - wit the buttons labelled as to what happens, because they have no interest at all in programming - a touch screen full of on/off buttons and the odd fader work for them - £60 dongle and away they went!

st need it to run simple sound to light settings and move a few mirrors etc..

Do's the 60 quid dongle open up the sound to ###### functions? Thought they only worked on a console or with an interface,although im sure I read somewere they've opened up a few of the sound functions the pc wing.

st need it to run simple sound to light settings and move a few mirrors etc..

Do's the 60 quid dongle open up the sound to ###### functions? Thought they only worked on a console or with an interface,although im sure I read somewere they've opened up a few of the sound functions the pc wing.

There no sound to light on there free mode.

• 3 weeks later...

did nobody hear the words "needs to run sound to light". Magic Q, will but only with an expensive interface.

Daslight is a good solution, there is also an interesting interface out there that will run it for half the price. and uses the laptop built in sound card, and has a remote for mobile phones / tablets

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/111463595979?_trksid=p2059210.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

I have bought one out of curiosity and yes it does work.

Archived