Jester 12/24 SLAVE

luebug

James,

Two ways - the Jester had a DMX input as well as output - and when a cue is programmed it will take a snapshot of the DMX input and combine this - so you could actually use another desk for programming and then lose it for running.

HOWEVER I do think despite it never being mentioned anywhere by Zero88 that only the channels patched on the desk will fade according to the cue fade times - I think all the additional channels snap to value.

The Jester will also merge the DMX when running live though - so you could programme 24 lanterns on the first Jester, 24 on the second and hit Go on both simultaneously. You might find a way to get one to trigger the other but off the top of my head I'm not sure of one.

Have tried to do this before and its an absolute nightmare! especially when you try to go back and edit a cue due to the "master" jester capturing a snapshot, you have to rebuild the cue from scratch.

If the jester 12/24 happens to be the ML version then it is possible to cheat extra channels of dimming via virtual dimmers on the ML panel, but again, a bit of a pain in the arse.

Save yourself a lot of hassle and hire in a desk more suited to your needs.

Archived