martin mac 250

Alec97

Hi all quick question

I have a mac which has a squeaky tilt belt and I have found that if you spit on your finger and rub it on the teeth side of the belt it lubricates it but only for a short time obviously ,) So I need someone to recommend what type of lubricant is suitable for the job.

Also on another mac the pan belt keeps dropping and is catching on the little springy piece of metal and causing a rattling/ rubbing sound. Ive pushed the belt up but it doesn't stay there for long :( any suggestions ?

cheers

Alec

Hi all quick question

I have a mac which has a squeaky tilt belt and I have found that if you spit on your finger and rub it on the teeth side of the belt it lubricates it but only for a short time obviously ,) So I need someone to recommend what type of lubricant is suitable for the job.

Also on another mac the pan belt keeps dropping and is catching on the little springy piece of metal and causing a rattling/ rubbing sound. Ive pushed the belt up but it doesn't stay there for long :( any suggestions ?

On the first one, have you checked the tension? The motor has springs on it which set the correct tension, all you have to do is loosen the motor slightly then jiggle a bit to let the springs set the tension then tighten it again.

On the second, the position of the belt is set by the position of the motor pulley (which has flanges on it). You may need to move that up a little.

Dave

Archived