The Mighty Mr Frank Wood

James

Unless you know something I don't...

No, I was wondering if there was a closet cracker on the group,

Sorry,

I should have phrased that much better ;) I mean I was wondering if there was anyone ;) who ;) knew ;) a ;) cracker on the group!

(as in someone who could trace the origins of a usenet poster and confirm or reject my theory that the r.a.t.s f_reid troll is one and the same as frank.wood@bolt.com)

I managed to run into FW yesterday as well, Bit of an interesting issue as I now work with a number of guys who worked with him in his BBC days.

Needless to say I "accidentaly" introduces him to Tony Waldron from Cadac who I thought stood the best chance of proving that some people do make sound desks designed for theatre ;) . I was amazed at how well they seemed to get on. ;)

Anyway FW said that he was doing off on holiday for a few months so it looks like rats might quieten down 'til september.....

;)

It was quite a non-event, really - sorry to disappoint!

He sidled up to me as I was bidding au revoir to a friend of mine by the bar in Hall 1 and introduced himself (how did he know who I was?! ;)). We exchanged a few pleasantries, I asked him how things were going in Questors, he muttered some stuff about ETC consoles for a minute or two, then we went our separate ways ...

It was quite a non-event, really - sorry to disappoint!

He sidled up to me as I was bidding au revoir to a friend of mine by the bar in Hall 1 and introduced himself (how did he know who I was?!  ;)). We exchanged a few pleasantries, I asked him how things were going in Questors, he muttered some stuff about ETC consoles for a minute or two, then we went our separate ways ...

It's all rather disappointing. I was expecting something along the lines of Harry Potter and Voldemort.

Or at least Professor Snape.

;)

N.

Archived