Prosound 800 fogger N89GB

kayjaybee

I'm a semi (OK, non) technical ASM who's been given a cue with a Prosound 800 Fogger N89GB and an LC-2X wired remote control.

I'm trying to find a manual online to solve a problem but can't. Can anyone help? Either with a link to a manual, or a solution to the problem.

The machine is used once about 20 mins into the second act.

Initially I was turning it on approx 10 mins before the cue, always at around the same time. I'd check it about 5 mins before the Q and the green light was on, but approx once in every 3-4 shows,the green light then goes out and it's red again when needed, so it doesn't work. If left on, the red light can then turn back to green.

I started turning it on at the interval, but there is the same problem.

It seems to me that there is a timeout / overheat function in it if it is left on for too long, but I can't find any details.

Any ideas?

Thanks

essentially, the red light coming on means that the machine is getting back up to temp.. on a machine of this level, this isnt a fault, thats just how it is.

it will be near on impossible to gauge when you need to turn it on.

if theres budget to hire something better, id be looking at hiring a viper or viper s.

Yes it's going into reheat which prevents it operating. If you time how long it takes to heat to green from cold, then turn it on that long before the cue, you might do better. But as peza says a better machine which can heat and fog at the same time would be the best answer. Any Jem machine will do this.

The way I read the OP is that it's used only for a single cue, but goes into reheat before that single cue is fired. Therefore to me it seems that there is a fault with the unit (although not familiar with that particular model).

Indeed the cheapest foggers will only fog when not heating (they use the same thermostat to heat and to enable the pump). This means they cycle through states of heat/no fog and no heat/fog.

Better foggers will heat to a certain point, then enable fog and continue heating. So they can fog continuously (until the block drops below the minimum temperature)

Thanks for the info and advice.

Sadly no budget for a better machine but at least I now know what is happening.

Have timed it to 6 mins heating time from cold when ½ full so have changed the time of the Q to turn the machine on again (so it doesn't go back into reheat mode). I think it'll very much be luck but only 4 shows left so fingers crossed.

Thanks

Archived