ETC ION OLE

Alex-c-johnson

Hi All,

I have just finished programming a show at a venue where we used the RVI to add an additional two screens to the ION which is limited to two in a usual scenario. I was wondering if it is possible to do the same on the OLE and use the OLE as an additional monitor? I know with V2.2.0 it should be far easier only having the two monitors however it would be nice to have a separate screen for the designer to see the magic sheet/ cue stack.

Thanks

Alex http://www.blue-room.org.uk/public/style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif

Alex, we had this running at BOA. Load the OLE as a client, on the network, and it will mirror the main desk. I haven't played with choosing windows on the mirrored client since V2.2, so this may have changed.

I did have a play with a similar setup last month in Buxton (running 2.2)...A laptop in miror mode still only shows exactly what the console is showing. AFAIK, the only way round this would be to have a client/nomad dongle. It would be really helpful if you could say, open workspace 2 on the mirroring laptop and see whatever windows are set up on that workspace on the console, whilst keeping the console in workspace 1. (ETC are you listening?!!)

I'm sure I had this working (with the OP) on the older software. Being able to access workspace 2 would be a very useful trick!

I'd love to know how you did it if so! Yep...It would almost be as flexible as having network video broadcasting additional screens that you can hook into via a standard computer...oh, hang on a minute, Strand have been there and done that...15+ years ago...http://www.blue-room.org.uk/public/style_emoticons/default/dry.gif I do often wonder where consoles would be today had development continued on GeniusPro, although I must say, with v2.2 Eos is starting to get incredibly flexible- just a couple more UI updates and it might get there!

(Rant over!)

Ian

Edited to add:

Actually, they might look something along the lines of this:

http://www.irwdesign.com/br/IPLoTP.jpg

;)

I asked precisely that question a while back and got this from one of my ETC contacts...

An Ion can only physically support 2 monitors. The best way to get a 3rdor 4th display would be to connect a Client PC (or Mac) and havethis sit alongside the console on the network. You would also need to purchasea Client dongle which would allow this machine to be set up as a different useron the network with it’s own display setup.

That said, have you upgraded to the recently released v2.2 software yet?There are a lot of cool new display features in this version which allow you tomake much better use of your two displays. Each display now has 3 workspaceswhich you can easily toggle between with an icon at the top of the screen. Eachworkspace can have a unique layout. Within a workspace you can split thedisplay up allowing you to have multiple tabs open and viewable on one display.

Depending on the size and resolution of your monitors this caneffectively emulate more than 2 monitors.

As higher resolution monitors are reasonably cheap these days I’dsuggest looking down the route of getting two decent size 1920x1080 resolutionmonitors if you can find the money.

After loading the new 2.2 software last week and seeing the very different layout options they've introduced, I did do just that and we now have a shiny 24" widescreen monitor sat on one side and I can definitely see more options opening because of that and the new s/w. May take a little getting used to but well worth it I reckon :)

Alex, we had this running at BOA. Load the OLE as a client, on the network, and it will mirror the main desk. I haven't played with choosing windows on the mirrored client since V2.2, so this may have changed.

cheers john! just got it working on the GIO at home so all should work on the ION next week!

Archived