4m diameter Circle Truss

curatedplace

I just meant sometimes on this forum people try so hard to make an 'even better' recommendation that they overlook the actual question altogether and sometimes it's best just to answer it...

Pot, this is Kettle. Kettle, meet Pot.

To the OP:

Unless your screen is pretty chunky, the single tube thing might well be a good option. Certainly likely to be something worth investigating if you're doing some R&D and experimenting with the screen anyway. If you find it a faff to pick up, bear in mind that you could always use a 'mothergrid' of straight trusses (with or without corner blocks) above the cirle to reduce eight or more pick-ups on your circle to four more convenient points.

I was supplied with a 5m (IIRC) Showtec circle truss once, that came with a white screen to fit inside. It was for a Pink Floyd tribute (I bet that comes as a surprise, then!), and did the job of projector screen and holding the 6 Mac301s that went around it. The rest of the package used a regular brand (non-showtec) quad truss.

I remember the supply company saying they'd bought the circle for another specific project as it came as a complete package, so it may be worth checking out a Showtec dealer if you're after a cheaper buy-new option.

Edit: A quick search reveals this on the Highlite website.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived