Visio, JCC LED Controller

LightOfCy

Hi Folks,

I have purchased, from a well known auction site, a Visio JCC LED-Operator II. I am new to DMX lighting and have been working in electronics for the past 25 years. I purchased this item as a bargin as the seller didn`t know if it was working or not so I put a bid in so if it didn`t work I could look at the internals and see how DMX operated.

I now have the controller and can`t see, to get a DMX signal out from any of the ports. Do I need to set the addresses to get an out put as the only other DMX I have is a basic Chauvet obey 3 that has one DMX adress and sends a signal as soon as it`s switched on.

What I need to know is, do you usually need to program the controller 1st to get a DMX output or is there a wave form there all the time?

From this I can work out if I need to fault find or just program.

Any other info on this controller would be appreciated.

Thank you for your halp

Hi Folks,

I have purchased, from a well known auction site, a Visio JCC LED-Operator II. I am new to DMX lighting and have been working in electronics for the past 25 years. I purchased this item as a bargin as the seller didn`t know if it was working or not so I put a bid in so if it didn`t work I could look at the internals and see how DMX operated.

I now have the controller and can`t see, to get a DMX signal out from any of the ports. Do I need to set the addresses to get an out put as the only other DMX I have is a basic Chauvet obey 3 that has one DMX adress and sends a signal as soon as it`s switched on.

What I need to know is, do you usually need to program the controller 1st to get a DMX output or is there a wave form there all the time?

From this I can work out if I need to fault find or just program.

Any other info on this controller would be appreciated.

Thank you for your halp

Is it this one? What fixture(s) do you have connected to the unit?

If it is this unit, it appears that the output is on RJ45 connectors so I assume you have a cable RJ45 (wired as follows) to XLR (pins 1,2 & 7/8) at the fixture end? (assuming 3 pin xlr input at fixture)

RJ45 CAT5 Color Code

Pin 1 - White/Orange - DMX Data +

Pin 2 -Orange - DMX Data -

Pin 3 - White/Green - Alternate Data +

Pin 4 - Blue - n/c

Pin 5 - White/Blue - n/c

Pin 6 - Green - Alternate Data -

Pin 7 - White/Brown - DMX Ground

Pin 8 - Brown - Alternate Ground

EDIT - Just looking at a picture on the back of the unit, it actually looks like they are suggesting that RJ45 pins 6, 7 & 8 are the ones to use? http://www.blue-room.org.uk/public/style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif

You are a genius!!!!!

I hadn`t looked at the wiring as thought it would be standard. I have just cut up a cable and rewired the pins as per diagram on the rear of the unit and it all works.

Thank you so much for your help.

You are a genius!!!!!

I hadn`t looked at the wiring as thought it would be standard. I have just cut up a cable and rewired the pins as per diagram on the rear of the unit and it all works.

Thank you so much for your help.

You're very welcome. Glad it's working http://www.blue-room.org.uk/public/style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif

Archived